ATAL Tinkering Lab – Srishti Robotics providing Technical Support
As kids, we all have tinkered with things. Pulling things apart to see how they work. It is an interesting way to explore and understand the world around us.
Rome was not built in a day similarly nobody becomes an inventor overnight. It takes years of hard work and toil before you could invent something useful.
In a bid to encourage scientific temper and innovation in students, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is all set to establish Atal Tinkering Laboratories in schools across the nation.
ATAL tinkering labs take India one step closer to the vision ‘Cultivate one Million children in India as Neoteric Innovators’. ATALs will be pivots of innovation that foster imagination and creativity in young minds. The labs are designed to teach skills like:
- Designing skills
- Computational thinking
- Adaptive learning
- Physical computing
- Artificial intelligence.
Key Features of ATAL tinkering labs
ATAL tinkering labs are state-of-the-art workspaces, where students from Class 6th to Class 12th learn innovative skills through various tools and equipment.
The labs can be established in schools run by the government, local body or private trusts/society.
Young minds will get a platform to understand and learn concepts of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
ATAL labs are equipped with DIY kits and equipment related to electronics, robotics, science, open source microcontroller boards, IoT, sensors, etc.
The lab curriculum is unlike the regular textbook learning and is designed to spur the spark of innovation in students.
Tinkering labs will also be conducting exhibitions, competitions and workshops on topics like designing and fabrication, problem-solving, etc. on a regular basis.
How to Implement Tinkering Lab in your school?
- Identify relevant projects and procure required hardware resources.
- Develop a learning environment
- Identify and recruit resourceful faculty specialized in Mechatronics and Rapid Prototyping Systems.
- A platform for students to understand the applications of science and mathematics in the industry
- Equip students to design and develop projects to solve community challenges.
- Guide students to participate in state, national and international tech fairs and competitions
- Organize state and national level competitions for ATAL Tinkering Lab students.
- Create forums among neighboring schools to promote innovation and scientific temper in students.
Srishti Robotics provides technical support for schools to setup Atal Tinkering Laboratory.
What we offer?
- State of the art electronics and machinery to design and set-up a Tinkering laboratory
- An empirical learning syllabus based on topics from regular academics
- Experienced team of engineers to train students in concepts like design thinking, computational thinking and physical thinking
- Seminars and workshops with the aim to introduce advanced technologies like humanoid robots, drones, machine learning facial intelligence to students
- Guide students for national level robotics competitions, science fairs and entrepreneurial challenges organized by esteemed institutions like NITs, IITs & IIMs
- Motivational talks by Industry experts
- Conduct intra-school and inter school technical competitions
- Provide documentation support
- With a view to encourage scientific temper and innovation in students they help organize innovative forums among neighboring schools